In this program, students:
- Learn why businesses are created
- Explore where customers come from and how to keep them
- Discuss how business contributes
- to the well-being of a community
- Learn about production, assembly lines and automation.
- Learn to recognize different marketing strategies
- Understand the importance of
- Learn about resumes and interview skills
Students are often taught that success means “getting a good job” after graduation. Many are not aware that launching a business is a viable career option that can bring them amazing opportunities.
Through JA’s newly updated Our Business World program, students learn about the opportunities and challenges of entrepreneurship in Canada. This inspires students to consider careers as business owners, as well as nurturing those who already have entrepreneurial spirits.
Our Business World volunteers make learning fun by using games and multimedia to boost students’ self-confidence and help them retain the lessons.
By the end of this program, students understand how a business operates and creates profit. This will inspire them to ask, “Do I have what it takes to become an entrepreneur?”
In Nova Scotia this program is offered in Grade 6