Employment Opportunity - Company Program Manager
Organization: Junior Achievement of Nova Scotia
Position: Company Program Manager
Position Type: Full Time
Reporting To: Director of Programs
The Company Program Manager is responsible for the coordination and delivery of Junior Achievement’s Company programs, both in school and after school throughout Nova Scotia, including Company Program events.
The Company Program is an extracurricular activity for high school students in grades 9- 12 to organize and operate an actual business enterprise. With the support and guidance of volunteer Advisors, the Company Program provides basic economic education for high school students. This is not a fictional or paper exercise – the students actually form a real company! JANS is considering offering in school company program to NSCC campuses for the 2016-17 school year as well as expanding the incubator program, where student companies are hosted in businesses.
The position requires a highly organized, deadline driven, sales-oriented, confident, articulate, go-getting networker who delivers results and pays attention to detail. Candidates are self-driven, requiring minimal direction. Candidates are also keen to take initiative and make positive change happen, they have excellent communication and presentation skills. Balancing a results-driven nature with mature patience, Program Managers will always see the bigger picture. Junior Achievement is about people, which means prioritizing the experience of the volunteers and the students who are part of Junior Achievement.
Program Managers possess a background in training and development, customer service, marketing or program delivery in a not-for-profit or corporate environment. Experience as a volunteer or working with volunteers which has translated into an ability to effectively recruit, retain and rally people to a cause is a must. Candidates should understand the education system and have a college or university degree and/or related business experience. Experience with company program as a volunteer or student is considered a strong asset.
Requirements of the position include travel throughout the region and some evening and weekend work. A valid driver’s license and access to a car is a requirement, as is travelling Nova Scotia’s roadways year-round. Flexible hours are required as evening programming is the norm and some weekend event management is required.
Program managers work independently and as part of the JA team and are expected to conduct themselves properly, professionally and be reliable and accountable.
The role is to acquire the resources needed to support JA programs, primarily by engaging schools, teachers, students, parents and volunteers. The Company Program Manager has the following key duties:
- Overall management of Company Program across Nova Scotia
- Reaching assigned programming targets;
- Recruiting schools to participate in programs, through contact with the school administration, teaching staff or other stakeholders;
- Recruiting, managing and providing training to volunteers, following the Junior Achievement Volunteer Screening Protocol;
- Recruiting high school students to JA’s extra-curricular Company Program;
- Matching volunteers and Teachers for delivery of in School Company Program;
- Compiling statistics to validate program delivery;
- Participating in operational planning;
- Helping with Alumni recruitment and events
- Maintaining accurate records with our CRM, Infusion Soft
- Using Social Media around Company Program and related events
- Assuring curriculum quality, program expansion and good school relations;
- Event management for Executive Training, Trade Fair, Pitch-it, Judging and Award programs
- Working as a team with other Program Managers as needed including in class presentations
- Helping with JA’s new program, World of Choices
- And other duties as assigned.
Personal medical and dental benefits are included in this position after a three month probationary period. Salary is $34,000 annually, based on a 40-hour work week paid bi-weekly. Mileage is paid for work travel and overtime is taken as time in lieu.
Please submit your resume and cover letter which includes why you would like to be part of the JA team to Brenda Kenney, Director of Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax at (902) 454-4514 by June 1, 2016. Anticipated start date for employment is July 18th, 2016.